Friday, April 17, 2009

Elliott Randall Brecht

Hello everyone! Sorry that I haven't posted or been on in a long time to read your blogs, but I was having my little guy :) He decided that he couldn't stand it in there and he came exactly 4 weeks early. They had to admit him into the NICU so he could work on his breathing a little better. His lungs weren't quite as ready as he was. Now he is working on his eating. (My husband and my brother told me that he's already taking after his mom...haha...it made me laugh) Once he gets better at eating we get to bring him home. We are hoping by the beginning of this coming week, but my hopes of bringing him home sooner than later keep getting crushed so we'll see how soon we really do.

I must say that this moment has taken the cake of the hardest time in my life. Being a mother is the most amazing, but not being able to help him and thinking that it is your fault he's hurting is so hard. I keep looking back at my pregnancy wondering what I did wrong. Maybe I ate chocolate when I should have had vegetables or maybe I didn't drink enough water...all of these things come to mind. It doesn't help that my mother-in-law hates me and she says it's my fault, but I would think that even without her opinion.

This week has been the most exhausting and the most amazing I have ever experienced. I'm just ready for him to come home. But here is a picture of the little guy :) His cute little smile and blonde locks crack me up. Hehe.

Elliott Randall Brecht
April 10, 2009 @ 5:59pm
19 inches, 6lbs 6.6oz

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh he is just beautiful. I am sure that he will be fine and won't keep up the eating pattern...in fact I am willing to bet you will be saying he eats too much very soon as growing boys sometimes appear to do. Do NOT let your mother in law tell you this is your fault. I know you well enough to know that you did things to the best of your ability. You pushed yourself to eat when you didn't want to so that you would not hurt him. People have done worse and still had everything turn out just fine. You didn't do drugs or smoke or drink. You ate what you were told and did not give in to temptation to often so do not beat yourself up for a preemie. Hes really big for a preemie. He is perfect...and he will be fine. Perfect in fact.