Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update

Well, I guess I haven't really updated on how Rapid City is going so I will do that.

Chris and I came down to Rapid City on August 1 to move our stuff into the nice place, and the day after that Chris went back to North Dakota until he finished his job which his last day was August 15. I had a wedding in Fargo on the 16 so as he was moving down here, I was going up to ND for the weekend. We are both finally down here together. Haha..

I have to admit that the 2 weeks that I had nobody here were 2nd hardest 2 weeks of my life(my mother's brain aneurism being the first). It was so hard being here having no friends. I went to work, came home, watched seasons on DVD, went to sleep, got up...and all over again. I had no friends. I still don't have any friends, but at least Chris is here now.

The 2 weeks prior were near impossible for me and I was so close to giving up. It was even harder than treatment. I seriously would rather go to treatment for a year than have 2 weeks with nobody in my life. (Let me rephrase that...a year without any chance of having to go on caution status..haha)

I have lived my entire life being able to make friends. I guess I have just taken it for granted in the past and never really thought I wouldn't have a friend. I just assumed that having friends was a part of life. I do have coworkers, but most of them have families and probably wouldn't want to go out to a movie with me.

At least Chris is here now so it makes things a little easier, but it is difficult for me to hang out with Chris every night. I don't know why..it may just be the independent side of me. I have a hard time hanging around a man every night...even though it is my husband. I still need that night that I have with my friends. I'm strange I know, but I always feel so obiligated to be a good wife...nevermind..that's another blog topic.

All in all, Rapid City is great..I just wish I didn't feel so alone when I'm around so many people. I am excited that I don't have therapy anymore. It was weird leaving my therapist that I had for 4 1/2 years, but I'm suppose to call her monthly to keep her updated. Haha..she's silly.

Well, I hope that everyone is having a great week. Don't forget to watch Brie on TV tomorrow!

1 comment:

KC said...

aw hon, that sounds so freakin difficult. Friends are so important. Can you maybe look into joining a club or group in the area? Lots of loves