Saturday, April 19, 2008

Schpeels

I was out with my friends last night because it was my friend's birthday. So once I got done serving tons of foreign food at the Taste of Nations Dinner put on by the Business Club I called my friends to see where they were. They were on their way to a bar called Army's because it is the only place that one can bust a move :) Much to our dismay the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament Finals were being held there so no dancing until late into the evening so we entertained ourselves with darts and pool.

Finally we got to dance, and on our way down to the floor a girl asked me how I was doing. I hadn't seen her in a while and last year I was suppose to talk to her about "her eating habits." Our mutual friend just happens to be the girl that I started my "diet" with...back in the day. She didn't know who else to turn to so she came to me asking me to talk to this girl. However, I never did get a chance to talk to her.

So once she asked me how I was doing...I was like, "Fine! How are you?!" *I'm a little slow I guess* She goes, "How's your eating?" I reply with, "Oh ya know...some good times, some not so good times....and you?" She answers back, "Yeah, me too. Does Chris know?" I say, "No. Does Travis?" She goes, "No."

Trust me...I do have a point to my boring story and here it is: Chris and I never talk about anything like that. If I have a bad day - I go in our room, shut the door, turn on my instrumental CD, and journal. He'll come in(knowing that something's not right) and go "Everything ok?" To which I always say, "Yeah, I'm fine." After that he always asks again just in case I'm going to change my mind and pour out my heart...haha. That isn't going to happen.

Here's my dilemma..I know that wives are suppose to be able to tell their husbands anything. Confide in them with every little worry, want, and funny story...BUT I can't. Even thinking about it gives me the willies. Am I just suppose to walk up to him and say, "Yeah. I'm really stressed with school. I work 55 hours a week. I never really get to just sit down and watch a movie or anything. The only free time I have is in the car when I'm driving to my next destination. I need to work out. I'm fat. I need to get my hair dyed. It looks like shit. My eyebrows...wait..EYEBROW needs to be weedwacked into 2. I'm not getting along with my mother in the slightest. My nephew is probably going to be sent to the state hospital in June. AND I'm a teensy bit sleepy." Because I know what I would do. I would finish all of that schpeel with the good ol' fashinioned, "But don't worry..I'll be fine."

Does anyone ever feel like their "schpeel" is too ridiculous to even complain to someone about? Will Chris care about any of the things that I deem stressful? Well, I'm done with my rant ladies. Have a great day and thanks for reading :) Peace out home slices.

1 comment:

KC said...

sometimes I think Nils must get sick of hearing of my same old worries, but he loves me and he doesn't. I think that Chris will care because he loves you. Maybe it would help to get some worries off your chest? Why do you think you're afraid to tell him? You DO matter!