Monday, January 7, 2008

Ahh...how I love school...

Well, I started my first class of my last semester this evening. It lasted a whole 20 minutes because my teacher told the class that there was more important stuff to be doing...AKA...the Ohio State game is on. Haha... Oh well, got me out of class. The class looks as though it will be pretty interesting and challenging. The title of it is Retail Management, and surprisingly, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just chillin' in the library, about to go play some basketball. Funny story about that though. Haha... So my friend, Christa and I are on this new work out kick. (My therapist finally gave me the ok to workout again, but there are restrictions of course) Anyway, my friend Christa has some guidelines that she thinks we should follow also :)

1. We should work out 5 days a week, or everyday if work and school allow.
2. We need to eat healthy. In her words: "Vanna, we should eat only salads and Subway. Also, I heard that you can lose weight by not putting dressing on your salads."
3. We need to write down everything that we eat, so that we can compare with each other.

During our workouts she always looks over and is like, "Vanna, how many calories have you lost?"

*No she has no idea about my past, and I don't really want her to know because I don't want her to think differently of me...not that she really should, but I still am a little hesitant.
**As she was telling me all of these ideas about our workouts, I was just dying laughing inside. It was really funny, and I couldn't help it so I burst out laughing and she was like, "Why are you laughing? We need to lose weight." I looked at her and said, "Christa, I think our goal should be to be healthy...not lose weight. I think we should stick to 3 days a week, and I got this great diet plan when it comes to eating. It's called intuitive eating, and here's how you do it....blah blah. I would recommend that we don't write down what eat, because that is all we will focus on."
***I believe that I've convinced her that it's smarter to focus on being healthy and not how many pounds we can lose, but she still sometimes strays and I have to reel her back in...haha :)

That was my triumph for these past couple weeks. I could have easily have said, "YEAH, lets work out ## a week and lets set weight goals and let's write down what we eat and blah blah blah...." But I didn't and I was really proud of myself so I thought I would let everyone in on my accomplishment. I know it's not much when you actually think about it, but it was a success in my life and I just thought I would share it with some people that could relate to the little things in life.

4 comments:

brie said...

Oh how I love ignorant friends! I've got a couple of those myself. :) But I really am proud of you! Way to be the good example!!

KC said...

I'm so proud of you! stupid friend, or ignorant at least, but yay for sticking up for yourself and sharing some education instead of getting sucked in, like you easily could have!

Kate said...

I love Savannah! Way to go!

Tanya said...

oh I am so proud of you. It takes a lot to do what you did. Good for you!