Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Initiating dinner and still losing the battle...

I haven't posted in a few days so I decided that I would take a few minutes out of my "busy" day :) Haha..So, I had therapy today and we talked about assertiveness. Fun topic, I know. We got on this topic because apparently I'm not assertive enough.

Storytime!!! Last night, I was at Wal-Mart visiting my friend who is a hair stylist there when I called my husband asking him if he was ready for dinner. He said that he could eat if I was ready so I asked him what he felt like, and he said that he didn't have a preference which was alright this time because I actually did have a craving for Mexican food. He said that that sounded good, and to go pick him up and we would go to dinner together. Five minutes later he calls, and asks me how Chinese sounds and I said, "Well, sure I guess, but what made you change your mind?" He told me that he looked in the freezer and thought that the stirfry thing we had in there sounded good. So I said sure, and that I would be home in a few minutes to eat. I get there, and decided that I wasn't hungry and he got upset because I didn't want to eat, and I told him it was because that isn't really what I wanted. He asked why I didn't tell him anything, and I looked at him and said, "I did, I initiated dinner because I felt like Mexican. I did say something."

Now I got lectured because I should have told him that I still wanted Mexican and blah blah blah. ARGH! I did tell him that I wanted Mexican...haha...this is such a silly story, but I just want to know if any of you find yourselves in situations like this one. Ones where you are actually the person that suggests dinner in the first place, and you're hungry and then so much other shit goes on that you get frustrated and don't want to eat anymore?? I just am wondering because I'm frustrated. It's hard to even have the urge to eat let alone suggest it and then it just backfires and I don't eat anyway...haha..this really was a ridiculous blog and I'm sorry that I even took up your guys' time. Haha!

I wish you ladies a wonderful day and hope that you had an amazing holiday!!!

2 comments:

brie said...

No, I totally get it. I can be starving, but if I experience any sort of "negative" emotion, then I don't feel hungry anymore. Even if it's just a little argument or something...then no way. I have to calm down before I can eat.
But way to assert yourself baby girl!

alana.rachelle said...

savannah,
i love reading your posts- all of them! even if i don't have the time to comment on them all, please now that i'm reading them, loving them, and loving YOU! i hope you had a fab holiday! you are such a doll!